Wälzlager - 2011-03-16
NSK has developed and commercialised a high performance, shielded, double-row angular contact ball bearing for industrial water pumps. Demand for these pumps is increasing worldwide for water supply and sewage, irrigation, and various water service systems. The product features include: improved axial load carrying capacity; longer service life, which increase reliability and decrease operating costs for water pumps. NSK is targeting annual sales of 700 million yen for this product in the global market for industrial pumps by 2014.
Industrial water pumps are expected to be highly efficient and reliable and to reduce environmental impact. For this reason, the bearings used in these pumps are expected to provide both compactness and greater load carrying capacity.
In response to these needs, NSK has developed and commercialised a high-performance shielded double-row angular contact ball bearing for industrial water pumps. The bearing has dimensions (bore and outside diameter, and width) compliant with ISO standards and boasts the following outstanding features.
1. Up to three times longer bearing life
Due to the optimised shielded design bearing life was improved from 1.3 to 2.6 times, compared to the conventional product. This enables a smaller bearing to provide the same bearing life.
2. Up to three times greater axial load carrying capacity
The bearing’s axial load carrying capacity was improved from 1.1 to 2.8 times through optimal bearing design.
3. Expanded operating temperature range
Through high temperature dimensional stabilisation the bearing can be used up to a maximum of 150°C.
1. Reduced operating costs as water pumps can be downsized. Simplification of the pump design and improved productivity - delivered by a grease-filled bearing. Longer periods between pump maintenance thanks to a longer bearing life at the same bearing size.
2. Improved pump reliability since the bearing is able to carry a heavy axial load.
3. Improved water pump reliability thanks to the bearing’s ability to withstand high motor temperature.
New product to be included in global line-up
NSK will enhance its line-up of bearings for water pumps with the inclusion of this product and promote it to the global market.